AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- Protects and promotes the interests of Ethnic Minority Doctors and Dentists working in the UK.
- Highlights the current issues and problems facing Ethnic Minority Doctors and Dentists.
- Vocalises all issues that affect Ethnic Minority Doctors and Dentists.
- Promotes better representation of Ethnic Minority Doctors and Dentists and the community.
- Promotes equality of opportunities including mentoring in education, careers and training.
- Establishes better understanding between ethnic minority doctors and dentists and the community.
- Promotes and organises postgraduate medical education for all doctors and dentists in general and ethnic minority doctors and dentists in particular.
- Maintains a higher standard of medical practice.
- Maintains welfare, information and advisory services for ethnic minority doctors and dentists.
- Develops and promotes a policy on ethnic minorities’ health care.
HOW DOES BIDA ACHIEVE ITS OBJECTIVES?
- To highlight and raise any difficult issues of the members to the government
- Support members in difficulty
- BIDA Website
- Regular updates from BIDA Central Office
- BIDA Journal
- With the government, GMC, BMA and all other related organisations to influence change in policy and improve IMGs working environment
- BIDA Divisional meetings
- BIDA Forum meetings
- Annual ARM/AGM meetings
- Regular BIDA Courses
- BIDA International Congress
- Forum Educational meetings
- BIDA Journal
- ADVISORY SERVICE
- Promoting IMGs career prospects
BENEFITS TO MEMBERS
- Free /discounted rates for BIDA organised courses
- Access to free divisional educational meetings
- Free BIDA Journal
- Participate in BIDA Sports events
- Opportunity for Fellowship Awards
- Support for Clinical Excellence Awards
MEMBERSHIP & SUBSCRIPTION RATES
- Standard membership (Staff Grade & Above): £99.00 per annum
- Training grades (all training grades & trainee GP’s): £45.00 per annum
- Spouse Membership (per couple): £145.00 per annum
- Retired Rate (only applies to fully retired): £50.00 per annum
- Life membership £1000.00
- Life Spouse Membership (per couple): £1450.00